At GENERATION MOMS, we recognize that adolescent Moms are teenagers, mothers, students, and employees. That’s why we offer a cutting edge program designed to address the many distinct barriers teen parents confront to give them the guidance and skills they need to be loving, effective parents and independent, responsible citizens. This theory-driven intervention provides the opportunity to impact the lives of thousands of teen parents as well as their children and future generations. Through Generation Moms method of support and informal teaching, our program strives to achieve the following goals:
- Support young Moms in completing their education.
- Delay subsequent pregnancies.
- Build a network of peer support.
- Provide modeling for good parenting skills.
- Assist young Moms develop a balanced lifestyle – mentally and socially – that includes making healthy choices for themselves and their children.
- Increase the number of teen parents with a college degree.